Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall Racing

This is my second fall racing season and for the most part I've selected the same races, with a couple new ones tossed in. One being a half-marathon at the end of September. It's the Hollis, NH Applefest Half. 


Whenever I mention I am going to run this race to other runners I get the same feedback...that "it's tough," "it's hilly" and my personal favorite "don't expect to improve your time." I've chosen this race despite this feedback. I know I can do it. I might be pretty tired and sore when its over, but in the end, I'll be able to say that I did it. I'll save the flat courses for next year.


I've chosen a mix of 5 and 10k's with a 5-miler and that hilly half. Here's a list of what I plan on running.


September 19:   Run for Ryan's Cup; Chelmsford, MA (5k)
September 25:  
Applefest 1/2 Marathon; Hollis, NH
September 26:   Littleton Road Race; Littleton, MA (this is a big maybe; it will depend on how I feel when I get up in the morning)
October 2:        Huff and Cuff; Devens, MA (5k)
October 10:      Tufts 10k for Women; Boston, MA
October 24:      Miles for Myles; Luneburg, MA (5k)
November 7:    Genesis Battlegreen Run 2010; Lexington, MA (10k)
November 21:  30th Annual Slattery's Turkey Trot; Fitchburg, MA (5-Miler)
November 25:  6th Annual Ayer Fire Dept Thanksgiving 5k: Ayer, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment