Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ayer/Groton 7 Miles on a Sunny Sunday morning!

Today's run: seven miles through Ayer and Groton. I knew I had to run today. I was supposed to do today's run yesterday -- even said I was doing it. Then I didn't. Chris and the gang left for Boston to take his mom to the airport and I just couldn't help myself. I sat in the house in complete silence for an hour. Bliss, I tell you. And before you knew it, it was just too hot and sunny to pound out seven miles. So I didn't, and felt guilty about it all day. Well, not all day, but for at least 15 minutes.


I chose today's route because it has no shortcuts, no cut offs that I could turn down and say to myself, "it's too hot to run today." I took water and some energy beans and headed out at...quarter to 11! Quarter to 11?! Was I nuts to think I'd do seven at mid-day sun and heat? Thankfully, today was less hot, humid and even had a breeze now and again while I ran. It was a good run. And I'm glad I did it.




Untitled by mappy17 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment