Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today's Run: Six miles via Sandy Pond/Washington St and a Trip Down Memory Lane

The storm last night made for a cool, breezy, yet still humid run. I definitely enjoy running early in the morning better than any other time of day. Lately, though, I've been sleeping in and haven't been challenging myself to get the miles in. Especially when it's hot...and humid. Today was one of those mornings that I debated with myself how long I was going to run, while running. I almost settled on three when I remembered that Chris was heading into Boston early on Thursday and I would most likely have to run in the evening and only do three, so I went for it. I'm glad I did. Overall it was a good run, with a decent pace and not a lot of traffic.

Today, Chris and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. We got married at the Dockside in York Harbor, Maine and that morning the weather started off about the same as today (I didn't run back then, so not quite the same). We didn't have a back up plan and our wedding and cocktail hour were going to be outside. But just as today's haze is burning off, the day turned out to be beautiful and we have fond memories of our wedding with friends and family who traveled from all over to be with us. Now eight years later, we are so thankful to be together and we have two beautiful children and a happy life. It can't get much better than this.

Tonight, we are taking the kids out for $1 ice cream cones at Baskin-Robbins and will save our dinner out in Boston for after our vacation to the Cape in August.

Life is Good.



Ayer 6 miles via Sandy Pond/Washington St by mappy17 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment